HIPPY COMMUNE

Hi

We are just about to sign the final purchase of our dream home.

The property next door is for sale and travelers are trying to purchase the land on which they intend to put caravans on it.

The seller of the property has agreed to sell the land to myself upward of price.

Should we obtain the land what if the travelers decide to settle on the land or part of our land and state squatters rights.

Please advise.

Travelers  are different than hippys  but anyway have you seen them? is the guy trying it on? is it the same guy that is selling you your house. if it is you want it for the same price or you threaten to pull out. you have all the cards   use them  

Is this not a daft conversation?

I know someone will correct me if I am wrong, but is land not 'zoned' here?

Either the hiipy/travellers are illegal, or not?

Get a grip, find out from the mayor what the land is useable as (now, there is no saying what the next guy or gal will deem OK), then make your decision based on that information.

I agree with fluffy see my reply the exact same question under legal.

They would have less than a 0.1% chance of getting a legal right to be there with close neighbours. If the worst comes to the worst there are ways to get the gendarmes interested if they are not already.

A short journey from us there is a beautiful house (huge majestic etc) for sale with huge boards all round a very ugly large chain link fence that surrounds the building. The signs just say 'for sale' with their phone number.

The only thing that would make us drive right past are the caravans and the odd tatty wooden shed things, piles of everything imaginable, cars for sale etc etc on the ajoining land which looks like it could once have been a lay-by. This has been going on for over 2 years to our knowledge and everytime we pass we thank goodness that it is not us trying to sell this beautiful house which has obviously been there far longer than the caravans.

Go and look somewhere else - this sounds more like a hell scenario than heaven.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote]Is this not a daft conversation? I know someone will correct me if I am wrong, but is land not 'zoned' here? Either the hiipy/travellers are illegal, or not? Get a grip, find out from the mayor wh...[/quote]

When we were looking to buy we saw a lovely farm for sale. Our French friends who were with us said on no account were we to even think of buying it as 'undesirables' (and I use this word advisedly as so many others are not politically correct now!) would watch when we went out and would be in 'filling their boots' with anything portable! An alarm would be no good at all as no-one would hear it and the sort that is linked to a regional office is a joke because they could remove everything before the alarm man turned up!

If you are in a village, we have been told today by our insurance, it is advisable to have an alarm as burglaries are on the increase and the only viable deterrent is an alarm!