Parking for Paris (South)

nephilim

We are going to be travelling up to Paris for 2 days next month (from the South), and wondered if anyone knows of the best parking available at a reasonable cost, obviously avoiding going too deep into the City. Needs to be situated close to a metro link into Paris. We have never been to Paris so any info/tips would be great.

We looked into the train but it worked out too expensive. Is there a bus service from here, we are in 17. Thanks.

From a Paris commuter...........

Option 1

Take the car, wherever you park it, it won't be there when you get back. Ergo, parking is free! Or it could be a bonfire. Or you'll find an ado with the biggest knife you've ever seen wanting EUR500 for it being looked after.

Option 2

Take the train. SNCF might even remember to stop at Paris. You never know your luck!

Outside of the touristy centre, Paris makes downtown Bagdad look safe.

So you are in 17, that's La Rochelle right?  A lovely part of the world.

I just plugged in La Rochelle - Paris aller retour for a random date in April and got a price of €156 for the 2 of you before any possible discounts.

I thought this wasn't bad compared to driving taking into account Tolls/fuel which according to Viamichelin.fr is €80 each way plus parking costs and a strong possibility of having your car stolen/damaged.  I stayed at a 'chain' hotel in south of Paris last year, I consider myself fairly streewise and I'm a big bloke but I felt very, very unsafe.  I was glad to see that the hotel had a closed parking space and a security gaurd with a big dog.

Can't find a bus service but I feel there should be one

EDIT:  Sorry I just realised that my post makes little sense.  I meant to say that I plugged dates into the SNCF website for LaRochelle - Paris.  Hope that's clearer