Just had a nasty thought...

Judith

If you have no deflecters put black electrician's tape on to reduce the beam height if no adjustment possible and drive a little slower.Somemay say this can harmyour headlamp glass but I have not had any problem myself.

Re cats eyes  ..these are an English invention,pre war(1933 Ithink) and mostly used in the uk.

The use of the polyethylene plastic tiles used  with 2 rows of reflective beads are stuck onto the road surface with epoxy glue  and were used from around 1970.

They are in available  as white,yellow and red  ,so that they can indicate the slip roads etc. off the moterway.They are not solar reflective and maybe your rear ligHSts have lit them up as you pass them unless they have been developed since my time in the paint industry.

THEY WOULD BE TOO EXPENSIVE IN MY OPINION TO USE.

[quote user="Ab"]

Re cats eyes  ..these are an English invention,pre war(1933 Ithink) and mostly used in the uk.

[/quote]

Indeed, well known story from my part of the north - Percy Shaw from Haworth / Bradford way, saw cat's eyes twinkling at him in the dark, and so a brilliant invention was born. 

You don't know how much you come to depend on them until they are not there, but I vaguely remember reading that other methods were now used, as the effectiveness of the original cats eyes depended on cars going over them to clean them.  Cars often now don't - hence the change.

[quote user="Chancer"]

[:D][:D][:D] Pierre

AB they were definitely illuminated by some power source and it was like looking at christmas decorations in the mirror, it was between Redhill and Sevenoaks/Wrotham probably around the Clacket Lane services.

[/quote]The Service area (know it well!) is the giveaway.  They illuminate the outside edge of the acceleration lane leaving the services.