French Speeding Points

Terry

Is there a website where I can check the speeding points I might have. I do not have a French Driving Licence (but do have an EU one) but my two cars are registered to me.

I have been "done" twice, and as the registered owner, the gotcha document was sent to me and I duly paid up.

I would like to know what my current status is as I understand that although I do not have a French Licence, the points are nevertheless in my name. The points are definitely not on my EU licence,

Without a French licence you do not have any points officially recorded against you hence there is nothing to check and nowhere to check them. The sad fact is that in effect non French licence holders can commit as many 1 point offences as they like with near impunity, except for the fine of course. A more serious offence would likely trigger a demand for a licence exchange.

For a French licence holder there is a site where they can go and log in with their licence number to check their points but I don't have it to hand at the moment.

I would be interested in that site if you manage to find it !!

OH got a ticket some weeks ago, letter came in and fine was paid ASAP.

But I notice the letter was addressed to M et Mme Xxxxx, presumably because we bought the car in joint names. Curious to find out which of us got the single point, and how do they know which of us it was breaking the 50km limit. I will be very miffed if they have given it to me, can honestly say that in 40 something years of driving I have never had a speeding ticket (lucky or what [:D])

Here you go

https://tele7.interieur.gouv.fr/telepoints/identification.do

seems you need to get a PIN number form the Prefecture to access your personal record though.

Do you actually have a French licence ?

You have the opportunity with a fine notice to respond naming someone else if it wasn't you but if you didn't then the point(s) will be deducted from the 1st named on the registration.

Believe me, you've been lucky [;-)]

Thanks for the link AN...

Looks like I will stay in "Ignorance is Bliss" mode, as I won't go

bothering the Prefecture.

Yes we both have French licences, changed last year as the UK ones were

about to expire.

If, as you say the 1st name on the letter gets the point, then I'm happy

cos my name is 2nd. Also it was the 1st name on the list who was over

the limit [:)]. Mind you he does say it was my fault, I should have told

him he was going to fast - Men's logic I suppose [Www][Www]

And, yes I agree I have been lucky - I did a lot of miles in the UK and

not always at the correct speed !!