DRIRE Type approval

CeeJay

I am about to apply to DRIRE for the certificat de conformite for my Peugeot 807 and have downloaded the forms as posted by SD.

I notice that this was posted in 2006 and that the cost then was 67,38 Euros, has this changed?

It would be very useful to know if anyone out there has changed the headlamps for an 807 or managed to do some other trick to pass the CT.

[quote user="Ceejay"]I am about to apply to DRIRE for the certificat de conformite for my Peugeot 807 and have downloaded the forms as posted by SD.

I notice that this was posted in 2006 and that the cost then was 67,38 Euros, has this changed?

It would be very useful to know if anyone out there has changed the headlamps for an 807 or managed to do some other trick to pass the CT.

[/quote]

Current cost is €89.60.

As Bob T says why not go via Peugeot UK.

Elamessa

Thanks for the updated cost.

About 4 years ago I also had a Peugeot 406 which I was toying with bringing to FRance and therefore contacted Peugeot for a C of C.  The lady I spoke to in late November of that year told me that Peugeot would be issuing these certificates up until the end of that year free, but after would be charging about£100. They apparently realised that they were the only major manufacturer not charging for these.

[quote user="Ceejay"]Elamessa

Thanks for the updated cost.

About 4 years ago I also had a Peugeot 406 which I was toying with bringing to FRance and therefore contacted Peugeot for a C of C.  The lady I spoke to in late November of that year told me that Peugeot would be issuing these certificates up until the end of that year free, but after would be charging about£100. They apparently realised that they were the only major manufacturer not charging for these.

[/quote]

Not worth asking them again then?

[quote user="Ceejay"]Quote from another thread dated 7th October:-

"The reason we are trying to contact DRIRE is to get a 'certificate of Conformity ' or equivalent, as Peugeot are asking £100+ -I gather I can get it cheaper via DRIRE. "

[/quote]

DRIRE (DREAL) will not issue you with a certificate of conformity, if you haven't got one from the UK then DRIRE(DREAL) will tell you to go through Peugeot France so there is no way to bypass UK/FRANCE for a CoC.

If you read another thread you will see we have just been down the DRIRE route (Limoges) and paid them 67.38 euros only 2 weeks ago - we got the Type Approval as our Peugeot Partner was on their website. We had to bring the original plus copies of the V5C, a CT, Quittus Fiscal from the Impots, copies of our passports and birth certificates - we registered the car in joint names. We filled in the form, they gave us another stamped form, whilst they took the originals and copies - I actually had another set of copies of everything as a backup - which was good because the Prefecture lost everything for 2 days! Peugeot quoted £100 in the UK for the Certificate of Conformity and 130 euros here. 67.38 euros was the better deal -also Paris apparently take up to 4 weeks to sent the CofC.

Hope this helps. We have now received our Certificate d'immatriculation and number plates. Two weeks from DRIRE to Prefecture.

[quote user="Keni"]If you read another thread you will see we have just been down the DRIRE route (Limoges) and paid them 67.38 euros only 2 weeks ago - we got the Type Approval as our Peugeot Partner was on their website. We had to bring the original plus copies of the V5C, a CT, Quittus Fiscal from the Impots, copies of our passports and birth certificates - we registered the car in joint names. We filled in the form, they gave us another stamped form, whilst they took the originals and copies - I actually had another set of copies of everything as a backup - which was good because the Prefecture lost everything for 2 days! Peugeot quoted £100 in the UK for the Certificate of Conformity and 130 euros here. 67.38 euros was the better deal -also Paris apparently take up to 4 weeks to sent the CofC. Hope this helps. We have now received our Certificate d'immatriculation and number plates. Two weeks from DRIRE to Prefecture.[/quote]

This highlights the delightfully consistent inconsistency of French officials - how different it can be in Cahors.

The front desk dragon in the Prefecture refused to accept the E prefix of my car as evidence of anything - "you must have a C of C" (despite Ernie's assurance that an E was acceptable in the case of someone he knows). DRIRE refused even look at the database let alone issue their own certificate, "you must have a manufacturer's C of C".

All this proves that your own Prefecture might or might not accept V5 evidence and your own DRIRE might or might not issue their own attestation. Ain't life grand ?

John

Getting the CT was the hardest bit - the CT place at Augignac said they can't do it, whilst the one at Chalus (same company!) had no problem. Even with the letter from DRIRE saying get a CT, the first place said no - it was only someone we met who told us where to go. The inconsistency as you say is great! Peugeot are charging for their Cof C, the DRIRE Type Approval works only if the vehicle is on the computer - the newer the better perhaps?

The ladies in DRIRE were brilliant - they even put the paperwork through even though they close at 12 and we turned up in the afternoon! They sort of told us off, but put everything through. It was the Prefecture that lost all the dossier including our CT, and other legal stuff! Found within 2 days though and I had made sure I took photocopies of everything and kept a set at home! (I ran a business for nearly 20 years and copy everything).

Just fill in the form, make sure you take everything they ask - including the passport and marriage certs if it is to be in joint names. The DRIRE Type Approval is for those without a C of C! Keep on plugging away.

It was purely because of Peugeot's attitude in the Uk that made me go the DRIRE route - it is a photocopied piece of paper they charge you for, with exactly the same information that you get with your Certificat d'Immatriculation. Size etc. We got most of the information that DRIRE wanted from inside the car, on the manufacturers information plate - weight etc. If you can't get a CT then go elsewhere - which is what DRIRE told us when we said that the local bloke would not do it! Don't go to the Prefecture with the V5C - you have to go to DRIRE (DREAL) first with everything.