finding out the value of LHD car in France

Babbles

We're thinking of changing our car this year. We might buy one i Germany and import it as I've been told its a good way of getting a newish Merc. So here's my issue how do I find out what my car is worth in France if I want to sell it privately ? apart from not much!!! Its a Long wheelbase (family) Mercedes A Class CDI 2002 with 150,000 Km on the clock, body work has a few scratches and a tiny ding but a good runner.

You could always look at adverts for similar cars. You could even give them a little while and then phone the owner, ask 'is it still for sale' and those that tell you it is sold tell them that you are looking to sell and ask if they would mind telling you how much they got.

Paul

That's a good idea. I was wondering though if there is some kind of guide book or website, I believe that there is something like that in the UK but second hand cars in france seem a lot more expensive in France.

I forgot to say it was an elegance model as well

[quote user="Babbles"]That's a good idea. I was wondering though if there is some kind of guide book or website, I believe that there is something like that in the UK but second hand cars in france seem a lot more expensive in France. I forgot to say it was an elegance model as well[/quote]

Try this one       

http://www.lacentrale.fr/listing_auto.php?

Just put in the details of your car and up will come a list of similar cars for sale with prices etc.

WOW, LeBoinCoin is just a freebie paper.

As I said, and quite seriously to boot, the Argus is the 'thing' for cars in France.

All the ways of calculating the actual 'value' of your car are quite clear. Don't forget to include the kms too, they make a one heck of a difference in France.