Importing a car

trainman

Very probably a great many is the short answer.

Depending on what it is the problem may be that safety related items such as the glass, seatbelts, airbags, lights, mirrors, etc. etc. may not carry the EU 'E' marks meaning they will all have to be changed.

Then, when you've got past that, you may well face having to take the car to Paris for various tests such as weights, noise, emissions, and even seeming trivial things like the angles of view from rear view mirrors.

Best say what the car is before going any further.

EDIT:

Sorry, forgetting my manners, welcome to the forum !

Its not impossible, but you will have to take the car to Paris for comprehensive tests, unless it is over 30 years old and can be registered as a "Vehicle de Collection".

If you can read french, the American Car Club de France website has a lot of info, and a member has described in great detail the costs and steps to register his Buick - I think it was around 1500 Euros in all.

What is the year & model of car?

My thoughts on cost:

Transit of vehicle to Bordeaux, Nantes or Rotterdam $1600

Cost of changing glass, speedo, rectifying indicators and brake lights $3000 plus labour

Cost of confirming weights & emissions in Paris $2500

Cost of Bonus Malus for V8 monster $4000+

Transporting vehicle to Paris etc ?

I am being slightly naughty but my thoughts are that it is some US monstrosity ... if it was a VW Polo then you would sell it and buy one here :)

If it is a rust free early Porsche, MGB etc then I am jealous :)