Buying a second hand car from a dealer

Doodle

I paid 176.50 Euro for carte grise and the exhorbitant price for the car. You'll need the usual id and proof of residence (for the carte grise). No visits to prefecture, you'll get the carte grise in the post. Arrange your own insurance cover before you collect the car.

Hope that helps.

I must say my recent experience wasn't at all bad. I bought from a small family-run Nissan dealership and traded my car in against a used Qashqai. It's true the trade in price for mine was rock bottom and the only price movement I managed to negotiate on the Nissan was to get the carte gris thrown in for nothing (about 350 euros) and a years extra Nissan warranty attached to the 6months original warranty which was left . The customer service was very good though, unlimited time to test drive on my own, the car was pristinely prepared when I picked it up, the dealer explained every aspect of the car in detail and he phoned me about 3 weeks afterwards to ask if I was happy with everything. The car has been great and overall I'd say the experience was no worse than buying in a similar way in the UK.