How to repair broken gear teeth - come on I need some ingenuity

alittlebitfrench

OK, last job on my Saab restoration.

The electric window works but does not close the window fully. So I have to pull up the window into place. About 2 inches. No big deal, but I would like to fix it

To work out why, I stripped the inside of the door back and found that the teeth of the gear that raises the window are worn. Maybe the last 4-5...or less.

You can buy the gear 'part' (60 squid).....but to replace it the whole mechanism needs to come out and the rivets holding it in place need to be drilled out. Not something I want to do.

So the question of the day is, can I repair/replace the last worn 4-5 gear teeth with something.

This is the challenge for the day if you choose to accept it.

I have built the teeth up by gas welding and then filing on a TR7 which worked OK, alternativeley there is probably a paortion of the quadrant that does not get engaged in the travel of the window, you ay be able to seperate, realign or reverse the quadrant or do a cut n shut welding in the unused portion in place of the worn piece, that would be better than building up with weld which anneals the teeth.