SAAB as tough as old boots!

BritinBretagne

There is barely any force on the roof of that Saab, the reversing vehicle is FWD and at the angle it is at least 75% of the weight will be on its own front wheels, then at least 20% through the floorpan to the bonnet of the Saab with a nice strong engine under it, maximum 5% on the roof, it could be a convertible and would still support much much more.

Nice picture though, reminds me of the one that VW used showing a crashed car sitting completely on the roof of a Golf or Polo which they got taken to court for because it showed the number plate and they didnt have permission.

Modern cars are probably 300% stronger in a roll over collision yet even the old ones that would flatten killing the occupants could be stacked 3 high in a breakers yard, snowflakes will never have had to climb to the top of the pile to get bits to repair their cars.

That ain't no Saab....that is a vauxhall vectra or cavallier.

Now, compare a proper Saab 900 with a BMW 3 Series dropped upside down....and you see that the Saab is indeed tough as old boots. Don't by a BMW !!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9fw9nou_G8

Can someone lend me 17 k...

https://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/1333999709.htm?ca=7_s

Billy Bridges Breakers Théière, spent most of my mis-spent youth there, he became a customer of mine in later life and to my surprise outside of the yard he is a passionate and committed gardener, both he and his son were European Superstock champions, he was really proud of Jeff for following in his shoes, its a 3rd generation family business and very sucessfull.

I digress, we asked if it was alright to turn a Mini on its roof to be able to remove an SPQR remote gearshift kit, they said OK, what we hadn't siad was it was 3 cars high on the top of the pile [:-))], he stopped us in time and after a friendly rollocking he picked it up on the forks of the Fiat-Allis, my mate inside and me underneath to remove the nuts and bolts while it was swinging crazily, we were scared witless and it served us right.

To my shock and surprise there is a scrapyard near Beziers that still stacks and allows the public in to help themselves. Only doubled though, not tripled, but still.....I thought that would be strictly off limits in this day and age.

Nothing quite like the feeling of unwanted movement as you haul on a long bar to unbolt a suspension arm and the whole bloody thing starts to slide off.... to quote Monty Python......RUN AWAY!!!!!