Night Lights

fromage

[quote user="Cerise"]Am I the only person who simply turns the light on if they get up in the night then turns it off again? [/quote]

No. Works for me.

But, of course, we may also be fortunate that our bladders still function efficiently through the night. [:D]

KathyC, did you get them in Lidl France or England? We have one in UK, and would like more for France, but haven't been able to find them. It's an excellent idea.

I do need to get up in the night fairly regularly, and putting the bedsidelight on wakes my husband; it's an excellent light for reading by, but v bright otherwise. With the shutters closed, the room is pitch black, so some form of light is needed.

Jo

But, seriously, we have a very low doorway (leading to the hall off which opens the upstairs bathroom/loo) that I need to light in order to prevent the men in my family from cracking their skulls, and, unfortunately, I didn't realize this until after all the wiring was completed.  So, of course, there's no place to plug in even a night light to guide the unwary.

Would these solar-powered fairy lights perhaps be a solution?  I'd been thinking along the lines of reflective or glow-in-the-dark tape. 

Of course, there is the minor problem of getting them when I won't be back in France until April.

[quote user="Russethouse"]I never bother with the light  - I know where everything is [:D][:D][/quote]

Me too RH, BUT in the dark it's difficult to see which way 'everything' is pointing!! I use a small torche that was a freebe with our first car insurance when we came over.

The light switches in our hall and loo have a small neon light in them which give out enough light in the dark to 'light your way' to the loo and tell our visitors where the lights are if they need them, but not enough for the average bloke to erm?? without getting wet feet? From what I can remember most of the Legrand wide rocker switches have the slot for the neon and they can be bought from most of the DIY sheds.