Moneybookers log in problem

Gardener

Has anyone alse had a problem with moneybookers?

I've  forgotten my log in details, so asked money bookers to send me a new pass word. Moneybookers sent me two emails to inform me that there had been failed attempts to log in , but despite several requests no new pass word has arrived.

I was just about to email their customer service but to do so, I have to sign into my account![:@]

I just tried it again and it says that a password has been emailed (and shows me the email address it has been sent to which is accurate )but nothing ever arrives.

Under the lost password section this applies to me <My Moneybookers email address is valid AND I have access to it>

On checking that box I have to then do this <Please send us a clear and readable colour copy (scan or a camera image) of both sides of valid official identification document with picture (such as identity card, passport or driving licence).>

As my email address is valid and I have access to it, why aren't they sending me a password without the need to do this? [8-)]

Yes.

I'm not against having to send a copy of passport etc, but it shouldn't really be necessary.

I just find it strange that they say they've sent a password when they haven't or it hasn't arrived and therefore I wonder how sending a copy of my passport will suddenly make said password materialize. 

Is this a ploy to get customers to submit pieces of identity as I can't remember having to do this to open an account?

[quote user="Gardener"]

Yes.

I'm not against having to send a copy of passport etc, but it shouldn't really be necessary.

I just find it strange that they say they've sent a password when they haven't or it hasn't arrived and therefore I wonder how sending a copy of my passport will suddenly make said password materialize. 

Is this a ploy to get customers to submit pieces of identity as I can't remember having to do this to open an account?

[/quote]

Or someone has hacked in to your password account?

I have been told that new passwords have been sent , so still no wiser as to why the one category of message is getting through and not the other. I don't know enough about computer secuity to know whether I should be alarmed or not, ( nothing untoward has happened with my MB account) . I think I will submit my details from another email address and get the account changed to a new email address.

I thought I would try my account , not been used since June and it would not accept my password .

So I used the forgotten password link , they ask some questions then send you a link with the following message "You have requested to complete our lost password procedure. Please click on the link below and you will be able to choose a new password for your Moneybookers account"

I clicked the link and it then let me input a new password .......simples [:D]