Money Transfer Recommendations

wiwaxy

Hi all,

My first post on here so apologies if this has been covered before. I need to transfer a lump sum of money from the UK into my French bank account in the next few weeks in order to kick start the redevelopment of our property in Aquitaine.

Can anybody advise or give recommendations on the best money transfer brokers to use?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Welcome to the Forum.  I have used MoneyCorp for many years and am very happy with their service.  You have to negotiate a rate them.  The larger the sum of money, the more competitive they get.  I check the rate on several websites before phoning them to negotiate.

As far as I know, they are part of a banking group and so the money is as safe as it can be with any bank.  But no doubt someone more qualified will come forward to explain this more precisely.

Many on here, in all good faith, will give you details of the broker they have used. There's no particular reason to doubt that any of them are better / worse than the others.

Pick 3 or 4 and ring each of them for a rate for the money involved, ideally within a space of one hour.

Settle on one and set up an account: do the deal two weeks or whatever later.  And then ............. Sod's Law says that you might have got a better deal with one of the others!

Go with the one you instinctively feel most comfortable dealing with & don't look back.

Best of luck.

[quote user="sweet 17"]www.currencyfair.com[/quote]

+1

I transferred a house purchase amount through them at the end of last year/beginning of this year. On each occasion I chose the rate I wanted and even beat the interbank rate now and then. If you can be bothered to play a part in the proceedings yourself then CF are great. If you want to ring up and be told the rate you will get then any good broker will do the job ... and should do it well.

Sue