A closer shave

Lehaut

Have had a Philips electric razor for several years, one which creams your face as you shave, much more pleasant if you have sensitive skin. It appeared to be getting blunt but I was horrified at the replacement prices (€55 just for the head). I came across a tip which has worked for me. After stripping the head and extracting the cutters (easy to do) I rubbed them individually on a flat mirror in spit (the instructions were specific on this!), using a circular motion. After their usual clean and reassembly I have found that is has actually sharpened the blades. Costs nothing and worth trying.

• 7 months later...

I'm another life long phillips shaver user, the cost of new cutting heads is always much more than I pay for a complete brand new rechargeable shaver with charger and of coures the cutting heads, often they are less than half the price of the heads alone.

Twas ever was (or whatever the phrase is) study marketting and you will read of the invention of the safety razor was just a vehicle to sell expensive blades, the razors were and still are virtually given away.

What amazes me in the global age that they can still enforce this Monopoly, the patents have certainly expired on the heads for the razor that I use, they have managed to block all sales by anyone but their resellers on E-bay across Europe and I think that also applise to Amazon.

I did find some allegedly genuine heads on E-bay that slipped through their screening, a reasonable price and I bought a couple of sets but they are not originals, they look fine enough but dont cut very well at all sadly.

I managed to find a replacement razor on Ebay, someone bought one and did not like it. Got the whole lot in excellent condition for less than the price of the replacement blades. Should keep me going for a few years :)

My way's cheeper than yours

[URL=http://s47.photobucket.com/user/Jonzjob/media/Nature/Johnampsiskin4_zps88dba195.jpg.html][IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/Jonzjob/Nature/Johnampsiskin4_zps88dba195.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

So there [8-|]