Second homes

Daley

Hi

Has anyone any experience of managing second homes from the full-blown do everything for them to just offering an ad-hoc service?  Is there a demand for this in France? I had some dealings with a French company offering the services and it seems the customers where there, but they had problems with maximising the utilisation of the staff.

Thanks

Dale

• 3 weeks later...

Don't think it's a case of something people don't want to talk about. It's more a case of having nothing much to say. We have a second home. We close it down carefully in September/October and the re-open it in March/April. Our neighbour watches it and would telephone us if there was a problem.

Not much use to you really.

Hoddy

I have three friends who do this along with various other small jobs.

They are registered as a mini enterprise or whatever it's called, two

with their husbands. It makes a bit of pocket money. Pat.

[quote user="Daley"]Obviously not, or have I touched on a subject no-one is prepared to talk about??[:)]
[/quote]

I can't see why. Property Management is about the second most tried method for earning a living after "gardening". Most do it illegally, few make any money. Pretty boring really, which may explain the lack of responses. Also, folks are somewhat sensitive about people on fishing trips .....

Not me, I don't give a wotsit...

We got a leaflet through the door just after we moved into our house.  It mentioned opening up the house, dusting, putting the heating and water on and doing a shop just before you came for a visit.  We binned the leaflet.  We did have a giggle that someone (English) saw us as a business opportunity!

well, it's one of the services we do as there are quite a few holiday homes around here. I only "open up" for a couple of folks as most are able to do that themselves(!) but I cut grass. masses of grass - just got back from cutting b******g grass and it's a public holiday!!

Yes, lots of people do it and many do it legally. We have to make a living; we and the menagerie have to eat!!