Riding Instructor

poppy

I am a qualified riding instructor, and will be moving to the Charente (16) this time next year....so beginning to plan my move now. Does anyone out there know if I could find some part-time work at riding schools giving lessons? Pony club? or would there be any opportunity to give private lessons. Perhaps you know of a riding school who may be looking for an instructor within the next 12 months? I have somewhere to live and a car to travel. Any advice appreciated.

A friend of ours has lived here over 12 years, out of which 11 have been spent arguing with the french authorities as to the relevance of equestrian qualifications from uk. France do not recognise them despite uk authorities saying that they are completely admissable when setting out for work here.

However after going to the european courts our friend has finally been given given permission to teach their particular skills in horsemanship, but at a price - they have been accredited with really low level compared to what they actually achieved back in uk. Please research this aspect thoroughly before you arrive en France to avoid disappointment.

Did your friend have BHS Qualifications? I am sure that I will have to take some French exams, however I did think the BHS certificates counted for something when working in France. As for speaking french I was not only thinking of teaching french people but english too...there are quite a lot of english speaking riders in the Charente. Thanks for the info...I will research further.