Wood Burning Stove in an open fireplace

Babnik

I am still to be convinced that a wood burning stove looks good in an open fireplace, but the amount of heat lost up the chimney means I have to go down that route. Does anyone have a picture of a stove in a fireplace so I can get a idea of how it looks. (my imagination is pretty limited!)

Steve

Steve, go to any good stove shop and they will have examples of stoves set into open fireplaces. I have seen them at Mercier in Pons.

You could make a cardboard mock-up with some old cartons which would give you an idea of what size stove to buy for the size of fireplace.

Gill

Hi Steve,

Drop me an email to [email protected] , I'll send you a piccy by return. 

As for imagination, I wish mine would stop working overtime sometimes! You don't have to be tied to convention or to keep up with the neighbours or follow any trends, pretty much anything goes Steve, do some research, find a theme, material or style that appeals to you, whatever that might be, listen to your instincts and be bold enough to try something new if you want to. If you've got to look at it every day then it's worth spending time on!

Good luck.

Chris