architect costs ??

smiley1

Have done a serch but couldnt find an answer.

We have a house in la baule area and wish to completly renovate / gut / redesign  the first floor - ceilings out exposing roof, additional windows and veluxs' , new balcony etc. There are 3 bedrooms, loo and bathroom total area about 90 sq meters.

Can anyone kindly give a guide to an architect 's likely costs for producing design drawings and getting permissions from the relevent authorities.

have had one in and he was very very vague to say the least.

ta

smiley

Happy tale about French architect

Had to have one as the modificatif would take us over 170 m2. Very simple job to draw up plans and complete forms for adding mezzanine but he would not accept my figures and insisted on re measuring so gave us a devis for €1000 + TVA but when the bill arrived with the forms for signature and submission it was only €500 + TVA.

Though it took over 2 months from my first visit to receiving the plans.

John

not

We had one 18mths to 2 yrs ago for a 140m2 barn, adding a garage, fosse etc, full plans and the permissions gained was 2800euro. Very good service, an architect in UK was impressed with the package we got from him.

We are in 23 but architect was in 87, just North of Limoges

We've just had an architect/project manager do all of our plans and submit planning permission and he was absolutely excellent. He charged £1000 pounds but managed to draw plans within a couple of weeks and submit them 2 weeks later. We then got our planning permission through 2 months later and people in the village remarked that was the quickest they'd known it go through.

Hope this helps.

Michelle

We used an architect last year who drew plans filled forms and applied for all relevent permis for our complete conversion of a barn (500sqm) in 23 he charged us 750euros no problems and recieved permission within 2 months.

When renovating part of a barn attached to our property took us over the "magic" 170 sq m, I tried 6 architects via Pages Jaunes.

The first two weren't interested.

The second two would be interested "in 6 months or a year."

The last two quoted me around €6000 for plans etc, dispite me having already drawn the plans before finding out about the 170 sq m rule.

I was just at my wit's end when I was given a contact off here, and he did the job for €2000.

Alcazar

Hello everyone,

I'm brand new to this forum although have spent last few days familiarising myself with most of the topics etc. 

This particular thread I read with great interest and wonder if you guys could offer some advice.  

We employed an architect last year to draw up plans for our barn/gite conversion which is over the 170 sq mtr.  Their quote was 3588€ although to date no money has yet exchanged hands due to a problem with a new fosse installation.  The architect had drawn up plans which we we're not happy with but because of the fosse problem everything was put on hold - this was back in July last year.  In the meantime we obtained another quote which was even higher and so thought perhaps our original quote was about right.  (I know I should have gotten at least 3 quotes but like a lot of you guys we just couldn't get any response when we approached different architects).   Anyway, we have now resolved the fosse problem and intended to get back in touch with the architect.  But, having read your messages here I am again now thinking 'whoa'!!!  

Perhaps someone can recommend an architect who will do a realistic quote?

Jules - Dept 24 

• 1 month later...

We live in 36 - but about 3 km away from the border of 23. We had plans drawn up by an architect in Argenton-sur-Creuse, to convert the roof space, place 2 lucarnes and 4 velux in the new roof we were having put on and plan how we could put the staircase in. He was very easy to talk to and spoke some English, He changed one of the velux and suggested we had a window put into the side wall of the house instead - much better- especially when we found the cost of doing it was'nt too prohibitive. He prepared all the copies of everything we needed to take to the mairie in 3 separate bundles, as well as our own large A3 copies which included an artist's impression of the finished house which looked very impressive indeed! He charged us 897€ which we were pleasantly surprised at, as our builder, who is English, but properly registered and established in the area, (we did have the roof done by a French company) had spoken to him and had been told it would cost more like 1500€ -we kept waiting for the rest of the bill!

Carole