Permis de Construire - Taxes

Chas

After a somewhat tortuous passage via the various authorities, including a visit to the "architect du batiments de France" friends have just received approval to carry out renovation and building work. It involves change of use from garage to internal room and building of a new garage.  At the bottom of the approval is a notice that the work will be subject to approximately €4000 in the various taxes. Does anyone know if this a normal amount?  It seems rather a lot to me.  

That's interesting.  When we applied for our permis our friends in Calvados told us to expect a bill of between 1,000-2,000€ but we have our permis and no charges so far incurred.  We're in Manche, does anyone know if we are likely to get slapped with these charges later or des Manche not charge them?

[quote]That's interesting. When we applied for our permis our friends in Calvados told us to expect a bill of between 1,000-2,000€ but we have our permis and no charges so far incurred. We're in Manche, do...[/quote]

I would be interestest to know if we will have to pay taxes as well. I realise that the taxe foncier and taxe d'habitation will go up as we will have one extra room, but I never realized that there will be something to pay after building it. Is it the TVA they mean?  

Is this the VAT?

No most , but not all, areas charge a fixed amount for each square metre of habitable space that is added as a result of a new permis de construire. There are in fact a whole bundle of little taxes but the main ones are the Taxe local D'equipement and the Taxes Espaces Vertes. Notionally they are supposed to be a contribution towards the additional facilities required as the commune grows. For a typical new house they might amount to £1000- 2000.

You get a bill shortly after permission is granted and it is payable in two halves. One 18 months after permission the other 18 months after that.

You will get a form later to declare precisely what changes have been made so that they can increase the property valuation for habitation and fonciere.