Window Bars (Safety ones)

Deimos

I need to install some window bars (the safety ones as the bottom of the window is too close to the floor and around a door as well). I've just got a quote for a stupid amount of money from a local metal worker (artisan). Can one purchase these things "off the shelf" from anywhere ?

Thanks

Ian

Many thanks.

Found them on the Lapeyre site (though the exact ones were the safety bars where the window is too low - but they had them in the windows section). Do the depots stock most things on the web site as I would ideally like to see them before buying.

Also I now need to double check the min height requirements as it was ages ago when the architect went through them. Seem to remember that if bottom of window is below a certain height then bars need to raise it to X, but if window lower that that then bars need to make it even higher (as children can use the bottom of the window as a step). Also, I have a door opening straight to the outside so need to do something even better for that.

Never seen them in Leroy Merlin but I will ask next visit. Sort of thing is [img]http://lapeyre.fr/Lapeyre/site/b_produits/weblap/picture/fr/vignette/970270_qf_99_modif.jpg[/img] (from the Lapeyre web site)

Ian