Artisans needed!

karen

[quote user="karen"]

We have just bought a property in Orne (61). Does anyone know of and could recommend a good general builder as we need electrics, woodwork and plumbing sorting out.

Thanks 

[/quote]

Can I recommend myself? Actually, no I won't, 'cos you are too far from me. But I thought I would get the plug in anyway....

Bonne chance !

Hello Karen, I know of a very good english Artisan (he is a general builder), near Alencon (he is prepared to travel 1 hour). He has installed the woodburner for us and he was so helpful, answered all the e-mails, was there as promised for a devis and then the work. I am not sure if I am allowed to name him on here but I send you a PM

Well, I just can't post a PM. I go with my arrow on the post button, I press: an orange outline appears, but nothing budges or "whirrs"! I definitely do get a bit of a "whirring" sound on my computer, when somethings happens, you might not Dick!!

Hello Big Mac,

Just sent to Karen but I think that you are possibly near my hubby and I as we are about that same time/distance from Alencon you mentioned.   Basically our house is near Echaffour - any use?

We bought an utterly beautiful, if extremely neglected longere last year having fallen in love with it on sight as you invariably do, so there was a lot to be done to even make it habitable.   I am lucky because my hubby is a very talented builder (and very busy as he has to fit it all in alongside his work here in UK!), but he was unwilling to tackle the alien electrical systems en France just yet and consequently we needed a decent French electrician to do the work.   Through friends already living in the area we were recommended to Philppe who subsequently rewired the entire house for us and has also become one of our first French chums.   I can also recommend a decent French plumber who installed our chauffage/chaudiere, as well as the French chap, M. Van Damme who excavated and installed our all-singin-an-dancin septique system.   If any of these are of use, then please let me know and I will get the numbers from my husband for you.   

I had been told that a lot of the artisans can be very picky about the work they take on because it seems that they use the system that if they cannot get home for lunch, well they simply don't want the job!  Seems a typically French system to me.............

A bientot!

Moya Fry