FOSSE SEPTIQUE REGULATIONS

MADOG & JENNY

WE HAVE BEEN VISTED BY SIVOM EAU & ASSAINISSEMENT TO INSPECTED THE SEWAGE AND WASTE WATER SYSTEM.  WE HAD PLANS MADE LAST MARCH TO HAVE A COMPLETE NEW STYSTEM PUT IN.  UNFORTUNATELY, DUE TO A BAD INVESTMENT ALL OUR FUNDS ARE NOW TIED UP FOR WELL INTO NEXT YEAR (WITH LUCK).  WE HAVE BEEN GIVEN UNTIL SEPTEMBER TO COMPLY WITH THE PROPOSED PLANS.  THERE IS NO WAY THIS CAN HAPPEN NOW AND WE ARE INTERESTED TO KNOW HOW THE FRENCH SYSTEM DEALS WITH THIS NON  COMPLIANCE,  i.e DO THEY FINE YOU, OR PUT A PADLOCK ON THE TOILET SEAT ETC.  WE HAVE AN EXISTING SEPTIC TANK IN OPERATION AT THE MOMENT, WHICH WAS PROBABLY INSTALLED IN THE 50's.  WE ARE NOT TOO WORRIED YET.   HOWEVER, FOR WARNED IS FOR ARMED ETC.  SO ANY INFORMATION WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

THANKS

IAN & ANN

TU, agree totally with your suggestions. Most of us would be upset, with justification, if rich immigrants were given money from our taxes.

The French approach to this matter would probably be - ignore the deadline and prepare a Gallic shrug for use in the unlikely event of a follow up visit.

John

not

I would ask for an extension of time at the Maire and /or the person from the water who gave you the deadline, there are still thousand of Fosses which don't comply and still won't by this september so hopefully they will see sense if your only asking for 6 month extension from what I hear they are so far behind in issuing the complience certificate it will probable be next year anway[;-)]

i will probably be in a similar situation when my fosse is inspected i have just found this site i think through this forum and will be contacting this orginaisation to see if they can be of help www.anah.fr it will obviously depend if you a permant resident in france and your statue whether you are working or retired. we have some elderly french friends who were exempt because of their age and situation if you cant pay for the work and cant get a loan because you are out of work then the authorities will have to be flexible of your situation as you say they cant stop you pooing