Fosse septique installation

Mark

I guess that shortly you will have replies saying you must have soil tests and permission etc etc. All of which is true.  However, in my village they were so keen to meet their deadlines for fosse that it was a case of get a spade and start digging and you'll get your certificate later so maybe it's as pragmatic in your area too.  I know someone who did just that and bought a tank from the local brico for 400 euros , works just fine.  If you have neighbours that have fosse you know the soil is OK and it's not rocket science, just remember that water (and other things [+o(]  ) run downhill

Great thanks Pierre.  I'm off to the estate agent now with a list of other questions (my question above relates to a potential house purchase), so I'll ask if the soil tests have been done, but as you say it shouldn't be a stumbling block if they haven't yet.  The fosse is in place and brand new, courtesy of the current owner - it just isn't connected to anything!

[quote user="Mark"]

Quick one: can I install it or does it have to be done by someone who officially knows what they are doing?

Thank you [:)]

[/quote]

hi 

OK yes you can , I put mine in myself ,   but it will need to be inspected at varying stages to get a certificate, here`s a step by step guide of mine http://s83.photobucket.com/albums/j311/daveolive/?start=60

Dave

[quote user="Mark"]Great thanks Pierre.  I'm off to the estate agent now with a list of other questions (my question above relates to a potential house purchase), so I'll ask if the soil tests have been done, but as you say it shouldn't be a stumbling block if they haven't yet.  The fosse is in place and brand new, courtesy of the current owner - it just isn't connected to anything![/quote]

Just ask to see the certificate of conformity issued after a septic tank has been installed.The people who do the inspection are the same ones who give permission in the first place after soil tests etc have been done.

D&O - I've been looking at your photos with interest as we are going to have to install a fosse septique soon. The hole you made for the sand filter seems very big, looking at Dave standing in the corner. Is that the normal size? Or an optical illusion? Pat.