Macerator toilet

rog

As a first for me I will shortly be fitting one of these in a town house on mains drainage.Any advice/warnings would be greatfully received.Can I also tap in to the out going line for wastes from other bathroom fittings without fear of sewage waste backing up into other sanitory ware?I have already gleaned that going cheap is a no no.

[quote user="rog"]Can I also tap in to the out going line for wastes from other bathroom fittings without fear of sewage waste backing up into other sanitory ware?[/quote]

You should try and make sure the unit waste comes after other fittings like the shower or bathtub, in any event you should fit non return valves to the wastepipe of any other fitting that could be affected if a blockage occurs.

Non return valves are available here around 20 - 25 euros

[quote user="tj"]

[quote user="rog"]Can I also tap in to the out going line for wastes from other bathroom fittings without fear of sewage waste backing up into other sanitory ware?[/quote]

You should try and make sure the unit waste comes after other fittings like the shower or bathtub, in any event you should fit non return valves to the wastepipe of any other fitting that could be affected if a blockage occurs.

Non return valves are available here around 20 - 25 euros

[/quote]

Didn't realise that macerator waste could mix with other grey water. Is that only for newer fosses of a particular type?

"Didn't realise that macerator waste could mix with other grey water. Is that only for newer fosses of a particular type?"

Thunderhorse I think your answer was in the question.

"As a first for me I will shortly be fitting one of these in a town house on mains drainage"[:D]

Didn't realise that macerator waste could mix with other grey water. Is that only for newer fosses of a particular type?

With any "conforming" modern system everything goes into the same tank anyway.

Its only have a system, of the type that won't meet the modern standards, that you would have a problem. You wouldn't want your dirty deeds, even shredded, going straight into the ditch!