Flights

Hi

Does anyone have a list of flights that are available from Manchester or Liverpool to Toulouse/Carcassone/Castres/Pau/Tarbes, I have spent hours trying to compile a list and I am sure someone must have already done one, I have tryed flybmi, Ryannair, Jet2.com, flybe & bmibaby, any other ideas?

Pauline

Hi,

Not sure where you are flying from but I have just been on www.flybmi.com and they have a full listing of all their flights in and out of the UK. Looking at this website has just saved one of my friends a small fortune not to say time because she fly directly to Lille from Leeds/Bradford airport at less than a ferry crossing. Might be worth a look.

roseysan

Don't you just hate it when an otherwise excellent website gets it wrong.

I was both pleased and surprised to see www.flightmapping.com list a flight from Norwich to Bordeaux.

Pleased because it could potentially be of use to me and surprised because I use Norwich on a very regular basis and had never seen nor heard anything whatsoever about a flight from there to Bordeaux, and the reason for that is because there isn't one, at least if there is Flybe are keeping it secret ! 

We find Skyscanner very good, too, and for bang-up-to-date info on new routes (and comprehensive info on existing routes out of all European airports) I like http://www.flycheapo.com.  However, both these sites only list 'budget' airlines and it is worth remembering that some of BA and Air France's fares are quite competitive at particular times of the year.   For example at the moment you can book to fly in early December from Pau to Manchester via Paris with AF for €226 euros return, and it can sometimes be cheaper if you do it in two sectors (Pau-Paris, Paris-Manchester) using their promotional fares.  As most of the bmibaby, Ryanair and Jet2 flights involve us in a hotel stay at one end of the journey or the other the AF fare starts to look quite reasonable, especially if only one of us is flying. 

[quote user="val douest"]However, both these sites only list 'budget' airlines
[/quote]

Hi val douest

Skyscanner came up with a BA option when I was looking for flights from Toulouse to Gatwick the other day.  Perhaps it previously only covered the budget carriers, but it now seems to have widened its coverage.

[quote user="val douest"]We find Skyscanner very good, too, and for bang-up-to-date info on new routes (and comprehensive info on existing routes out of all European airports)   However, this site only lists 'budget' airlines and it is worth remembering that some of BA and Air France's fares are quite competitive at particular times of the year.   [/quote]

Val, Skyscanner lists virtually all airlines throughout the world  both budget and scheduled.  Look here for the list: http://www.skyscanner.net/airline/airlines-all.html

Baz

Hi Mark and Baz -

I've just had a look at the Skyscanner site and it has definitely been expanded since I last visited and is much more comprehensive and easier to navigate.  However, I was a bit disappointed when I looked up Pau under 'Cities' to see only the Ryanair flight listed.  Trying 'indirect flights' to/from Manchester also came up with a zero result, and yet it is perfectly possible to fly via Paris from Pau using Air France.  I'm sure I could have come up with the Air France option trying a different kind of search but the 'Cities' one is probably - for me anyway - one of the most useful.  Ah well, it's still an excellent site and a useful bookmark!

Val

I agree,  the info you have all supplied has been extremely useful. There doesnt appear to be many flights from Manchester at present but I guess that will inprove over time. thanks folks for all your advice.

Regards Pauline