UK Paint

Zac

Zac, in my experience there is a white French achrylic called Corona that is easily as good as Crown Professional.  A little thinning with water, goes on a treat, dry to a dense obliterating white.  One coat and no messing.

Got it at a big Leroy Merlin.

Welcome to the Forum, Zac.  If I may digress for a little time...

In my day, you drank Corona at Christmas, after buying the stuff from man on the Corona lorry.  And then you got 2d (tuppence) back for the empty bottle.

I hope that you find your paint.

Serves you right if all your teeth have now rotted away! That Corona (the drink, not the paint) is dreadful stuff.  I think I'd rather drink the paint and paint the walls and ceilings with the drink!

Cathy, nothing better on a hot summers day than cream soda with a blob of ice cream in.  The Corona man and the Walls ice cream man on his bicycle used to follow each other around where I lived as a child in Salisbury.

Sorry off topic but couldn't resist the memories.

I used a white acrylic matt plasterboard/plaster undercoat from Chantemur.  They have branches all over.  28 Euros for 10 litres.  I thought it was excellent - covered much better than the Crown matt emulsion that I brought from the UK.  Worth a try.  I haven't tried the top coat emulsion yet - they do that for 40 Euros for 10 litres white or 50 Euros in any colour you like.   However, a paint called Renaulac from Brico Depot has been highly recommended.  I've seen the results with Renaulac so I will probably use that instead.