Knocking through....

barneysfriends

we are creating a new door opening between thro rooms in our house. Its not a load bearing wall, with only roof space above. The wall is 44cm thick....made of stone, rubble, mud etc. We have come to a standstill as are not sure if we should create the new sides on the opening using breeze block type things, or moulded concrete. Our instinct is to go for the blocks as it seems easier....is it? Or is it only easier cos it's not the best thing to do? Any advice gratefully received!

Right at the crucial point computer crashed and in frustration trying to bring it to life I hit the send button repeatedly and was unawares...terribly sorry but hope that the piccies are helpful nonetheless.  basically I put the lintels in and packed them before taking out one leaf of masonry then put a sturdy timber liner in square before building up behind it using the stone I had previously removed. liner then removed and used for repeat process the other side worked really well not only did I go through both sides but one floor is about 600mm higher than the other so I have actually cast two steps inside the wall and put a cast in situ rc lintel sloping between the two precast ones. once plastered should look fine.