Is a CU necessary?

newbiee

You can always apply for a Permis de Construire without a CU, which is only a statement confirming the planning rules that currently apply to a site. It in no way changes the zoning of the site.

The benefit is that once you have the CU they can't change the rules during the CU's period of validity. Also they cannot add any additional charges other than those stated in the CU.

Equally if you are about to buy a piece of land it confirms what you have been told by the vendor or their agent. This clearly doesn't apply if you already own the land, unless you can't trust yourself!

http://www.droitdelurbanisme.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=84&Itemid=77

A non-habitable building - like a stone barn for example - attached to an existing house (provided they both sit on the same land parcel) does not need a separate C.U. The CU (or implied CU) for the house covers the entire structure.

It's academic of course, because you still need a P de C to do anything more than keep animals in it !

paul

Sorry Nick, I wasn't ignoring or contradicting you post, merely fleshing it out a little!

Dr Orloff - you're taking us round in circles ! if the land has a house on it already, then - ipso facto - it already has what you term 'a positive' CU (although the idea of a negative CU. sounds like a contradiction in terms!).

paul

I didn't think I was taking anyone around in circles.  There might be restructions on the agricultural elements of the property.  It happened to someone around here - they found out about it too late.  It is probably rare but it happens so I personally wouldn't assume that you can just go ahead and get your plans drawn up.