Price of concrete

FairyNuff

Please can anyone tell us the price for a lorry-load of concrete for the base of a shed and car-port, with glass fibre in the mix? We have a bill for labour, sand, shuttering and concrete which seems a bit high (but which hasn't been itemised).  I'd like to have some guesstimates before starting discussion over the final sum!  [blink]

FairyNuff

Size in cu/m might be handy to know.

If it's less than a full load for the lorry you might get charged a load all the same as transport is a significant part of the cost.

Is this a bill for work already done you're talking about. If not thought of hiring a mixer and doing it yourself, probably come out at a fraction of the price, [I]

FairyNuff, I don't know if you mean ready-mix concrete.

We have just ordered some at 95€ plus TVA.  I think the delivery charge is only 5€ as we live near the "concrete shop".

Have done our own shuttering and will just be paying for the labour of levelling the concrete.  The shuttering took about a morning and we used chipboard, etc that we already had.

Don't know if this helps or not but thought I'd try to be informative! 

[quote user="ErnieY"]95€ for how much sweets ?[/quote]

Sorry, Erns, I'm in a bit of a distracted mood today; alas, not unusual.

€95 for 1 cubic metre and OH talked to a builder he knows back in the UK and the builder said he was paying £75 per cubic metre, so not much difference there.

Just difficult to keep up with the price of things these days.

[quote user="FairyNuff"]

Please can anyone tell us the price for a lorry-load of concrete for the base of a shed and car-port, with glass fibre in the mix? We have a bill for labour, sand, shuttering and concrete which seems a bit high (but which hasn't been itemised).  I'd like to have some guesstimates before starting discussion over the final sum!  [blink]

FairyNuff

[/quote]

How long is a piece of string? Small lorry or artic? How far to travel? Didn't you ascertain the price before you ordered it? The price seems a bit high compared to... what? You need an itemised bill - get the answers before you ask questions of the supplier.

One of the things which come over from UK in my trailer was a petrol cement mixer. I used it only last week when extending by a metre or so the concrete base on which my new above ground pool stands.

I've had it with mixing concrete manually [:'(]

[quote user="ErnieY"]

One of the things which come over from UK in my trailer was a petrol cement mixer. I used it only last week when extending by a metre or so the concrete base on which my new above ground pool stands.

I've had it with mixing concrete manually [:'(]

[/quote]

You want to see my next-door-neighbour's wife's muscles...

April 07 - € 118 Euro a Cubic metres plus € 16  For Fibres Polypropelyne plus € 115 for delivery ) should be € 150 now.

Those prices are at 15 % discount. Unless you have access to a tipper truck rather than just a 500 kg trailer it is pretty hard to make fetching the matterials and mixing it yourself cost/time effective.

[quote user="Anton Redman"]

April 07 - € 118 Euro a Cubic metres plus € 16  For Fibres Polypropelyne plus € 115 for delivery ) should be € 150 now.

Those prices are at 15 % discount. Unless you have access to a tipper truck rather than just a 500 kg trailer it is pretty hard to make fetching the matterials and mixing it yourself cost/time effective.

[/quote]

Thank you Anton, that's just what I needed.  Add on about 10% for price rises and I should have a rough figure.

FairyNuff

[quote user="Anton Redman"] April 07 - € 118 Euro a Cubic metres plus € 16  For Fibres Polypropelyne plus € 115 for delivery ) should be € 150 now.[/quote]

€118 cu/m

€16 for poly fibres

€115 for delivery

That comes to €249 - or am I misreading you Anton  [8-)]

[quote user="ErnieY"]

[quote user="Anton Redman"] April 07 - € 118 Euro a Cubic metres plus € 16  For Fibres Polypropelyne plus € 115 for delivery ) should be € 150 now.[/quote]

€118 cu/m

€16 for poly fibres

€115 for delivery

That comes to €249 - or am I misreading you Anton  [8-)]

[/quote]

Sorry I was estimating that over 15 months delivery would have increased by € 35 to € 150 due to the increase in fuel prices.. The delivery charge is per lorry load irrespective of weight./volumne.