Cost of emptying fosse

AnOther

Well I finally got round to that wonderful game of 'hunt the fosse' and hit paydirt fairly quickly.

In some ways I wish I hadn't because not only is the thing brimming but also discovered that the soil pipe feeding was broken in several places which probably explains why it had all been buried in the first place !

Anyway, repairs now carried out we've booked the 'dunny man' to come and empty it but, mindful of the danger of being tucked up and paying 'the English price', I was wondering what the going rate was for this service.

[IMG]http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p123/biskitboyo/fosse.jpg[/IMG]

I had a small fosse emptied 100 litres and it was about 125 Euros by a professional company that put it in a sewrage system.

Joke is it is not considerably more expensive to empty a much bigger fosse, my other 5,000 litre fosse was only going to be 35 Euros more.

I was going to join them together but can find more interesting things to do.

Hi Ernie,

We had ours done very recently and it cost 180 euros ish...well worth it as it was quite full. I seem to remember the first time we had it done 4-5 years before, it was 220 euros. Same company. I could think of many tasteless jokes at this point....

Anyway, the bloke with the huge vacuum cleaner came and dealt with it very efficiently.

It was Sanicentre in Cahors. I imagine they do around your area as well

Same s**t, different place I guess.

Danny

****EDIT****

We have a 3000l concrete fosse if it makes any difference.

Well he's been and done the deed and relieved me of €180 for the privilege. To be frank I think he should be paying me for what is unquestionably quality s**t but I guess that's not the way of it. [:D]

What he has told me though is that the inlet is completely wrong and shouldn't be in the top as it is but in a side entry which is about 150mm down and has been blocked with stones. More digging to do !

Also I need some baffles in my grease trap but I kinda knew that.

Now it's empty and I've had a look in it I think mine must be about the same capacity as yours Danny.

EDIT:

One last question, do I need to do anything now except fill it up with quality s**t again ?