TonyBrown

Hi .

I would like to add some exterior lights on the side of my

house, do I need to install the cable in gaine or can I just use double

insulated cable fixed to the walls, this would be far less obtrusive than 16mm

rigid gaine

thanks

or do it true french style.

Drag out a bit of old cotton-covered cable thats been hanging on a nail in the barn for 40 years, then drape it haphazardly to where you want the light to dangle off a another carefully selected bent nail. Make sure to drape the cable across the corner of the doorway so that you can't get the door fully opened as this adds to the authenticity of the installation. Secure in place with one or two fencing staples et voila - another job magnificently completed!

And I'm not joking - this was how the electric lighting was in our house when we bought it!

[quote user="Framboise"]or do it true french style. Drag out a bit of old cotton-covered cable thats been hanging on a nail in the barn for 40 years, then drape it haphazardly to where you want the light to dangle off a another carefully selected bent nail. Make sure to drape the cable across the corner of the doorway so that you can't get the door fully opened as this adds to the authenticity of the installation. Secure in place with one or two fencing staples et voila - another job magnificently completed! And I'm not joking - this was how the electric lighting was in our house when we bought it![/quote]

So true ! Oh and don't forget, the light fitting has to be chipped white ceramic with large exposed terminals and a rusty metal shade.