Buying a radiator in the UK

VandA

I am renovating a bathroom and need to add a radiator. To go with the rest of the decor I would ideally like chrome but I am struggling to find one in France for less that 1500€!

Question is, can I buy a radiator in the UK and get it fitted to French pipes easily? The pipes are the plastic quick fit stuff.

I was hoping for something like [url="http://www.acova.fr/Ismona/AcovaServiceConso/AfficherFicheProduitPar?TypCat=PAR&TypRech=GUIDE&CodGamCom=0164&CodGamTec=016401&TypRad=2"]this[/url] - but I need around 1500W but for it to be less than 500mm wide. In the UK I can order [url="http://www.traderadiators.com/acatalog/copy_of_The_Hudson__New_York_Stainless_Steel_Radiator_Series___.html]this one[/url].

6 minutes for a reply - now that's impressive, thanks!

I'll check with the plumber and go for it. It seems to be about a quarter of the price!

PS How do you do links - thought I'd sussed it in the preview but it comes out wrong!

[quote] ............but also bring spares such as reducers, connectors etc.[/quote]

Porquoi?

If you look carefully, then you will see that all French plumbing fittings terminating in threaded fittings are BSP (British Standard Pipe).

The main problem people have with British stuff is French plumbing tube doesn't come in 15 m.m. diameter. 10,12,14,16 yes: 15 no.

However, there are supplies of 16/15 m.m. reducers available in France: this was discussed recently and supplier's name quoted.

CH pipe runs are normally in16 m.m. to the rads: so the French 16 m.m. fitting will mate to the standard BSP bits: or the French TSV or Flow Valve which terminates to 16 m.m. can be then connected (BSP you see) to the rad.

Suggest you bowl down to the nearest Brico Shed and evaluate French rads, TSVs/Flow Valves and if necessary, bring the lefthand threaded radiator reducers from UK.

Links: See here: