Which colour grout?

cooperlola

The tiling of floor of our sejour is going to start a week on Monday.  The builders asked me what colour grout I'd like and I honestly have no real idea - my instinct is to go for brown or black-ish but honestly it's not something I can imagine!  Any ideas you experienced lot out there?

The tiles are approximately like the ones on the right of page 207 (Abyss):

http://www.lapeyre.fr/resource/catalogues-prestimedia/cata-int/appli.htm?page=192

I had similar colour in my salon and the grout was a grey colour.

Only it wasn't grout really, the powder ciment stuff was put down dry, then the tiles on top and then watered it down and that is far as my technical knowledge goes,  having seen them do this when they were building the house, then when we were doing out another room about 10 years before we left.

Avoid the black - ish colour as well.   Like white it will show every mark - and you would be amazed how much white stuff you bring in on your feet given that this same stuff looks black on a white surface.

I think really you need to go for a mid range shade if you are going to avoid marks showing and be constantly mopping and scrubbing.

We did our chauffage with anthracite (with the results as indicated above) and based on that chose a mid grey for the kitchen and sitting room - which hardly shows any marks.  As suggested above, I am sue that sable would be equally good.