EDF Day and night pulse

mellybelly

Hi everyone,

Just a quick one......We are in dept 87 (Rancon near Bellac) and for the last 2 nights our Electricity Pulse has not switched over from day rate (HP) to night rate (HC)

Spoke to EDF this morning who asked me to wait a few days to see if it continues ????

Anyone else having this problem in the area ? The very nice man said it could just be a "glitch" with EDF.

Thanks Mel .

We are the opposite. We are on Tempo and have not had a red night or day for two winters now, for some reason it goes to cheap rate night (blue) so we have the hottest house in the street in winter. They have replaced just about eveything now and it still does the same thing.

There is an opportunity here, especially for those of us with older meters.

I now know that these CPL signals can work in either direction and across meters, all someone needs to do is find what the CPL signal is (and it cant be complicated on my 30+ year old unit and replicate it) they would also be doing a service to the neighbours two doors down.

We had exactly the same problem - things like the washing machine/hot water heater were coming on, but only at the daytime rate.  Our electrician advised it was nothing to do with the switches in the fuse box, so I contacted EDF and they came and replaced the little sealed box connected to the meter.  In addition, they gave us a fairly generous refund for the estimated difference in the charges.

Chrissie (81)