Price of land

That sets an interesting precedent, as I am thinking about making an offer on a very small field directly opposite our house.

It has previously been used as a jardin potager, but the old dear can no longer maintain it and her daughters have to blitz it with Round-Up several times a year to keep the weeds down. I am fed up looking at a desert every time I step out of the door...

Around here it is €46,000.00 per ha for land with vines. Average price for lot land is €65 per m2, doubles as one gets closer to a major town, and goes to euromillions closer to the beach. Still the price for building land has fallen over the past 6 months.

ams

Lotissement, which means a small estate which provides, edf, telephone, sewerage etc to the site. €65 per m2, thus for a 1000m2 site you pay €65,000 plus taxes and legal fees. Near the sea the price rises to €900 to €1,500 per m2.

Near Royan a site of 705m2 with sea views went for €983,00, before costs.

ams

Around here woodland up in the hills can sell for "as little as"  €2,000 per hectare.  All-ready-to-go building plots, not in the middle of nowhere,  are in the 40-100 euro per m2 region.

Over in Nice a parking space in the city centre is around €30-40,000.

Like any real estate it's worth what someone is prepared to pay for it ... good old supply and demand again.

[quote user="ams"]

Lotissement, which means a small estate which provides, edf, telephone, sewerage etc to the site. €65 per m2, thus for a 1000m2 site you pay €65,000 plus taxes and legal fees. Near the sea the price rises to €900 to €1,500 per m2.

Near Royan a site of 705m2 with sea views went for €983,00, before costs.

ams

[/quote]

Surely this cannot be right?

E65 per m2  I can live with but E1500 ??

That would be 15 million euro's per hectare!!!

I saw a site at Pontilliac just outside Royan, the estate agent is looking for €580,000.00 for 380m2, before taxes and costs, and then one has to demolish the 1930 house and get planning permission for the new house. Just look at any of the immo sites in 17 and be prepared to be shocked. IMO way way overpriced and need huge corrections.

ams

Its what you are prepared to pay.  If the plot is next to your house its worth an awful lot more to you than a plot 2 kms away.  Also, don't forget for any plot over 5000 m2 SAFER has to be involved and the land will be offered to the local farmers at the price you have agreed with the vendor.  The farmers have first shout.  So if you are paying a pitance for a nice bit of grazing land, you could find yourself out of the deal.  But its always worth a haggle !  Dont forget fencing, if the plot is already closed in then can be worth a few k €.