Disability benefits U.K to France

Mas

lo all, my partner and I are looking to move to France and have been for some time.

I have retired very early and intend to live off my private investment income ( modest) and have no mortgage.

I intend to register and pay my taxes in France to become a 'proper' French resident and raise a young child to be as i do not wish to bring up a child in the U.K.

My partner however is on long term incapacity benefit and industrilal injuries benefit having crippled hands via hard work.

We have no intention of going to France to be ' on social security or 'similar' but Tracey really is entitled to her benefit for having lost the ability to work, I am obviously intending to claim nothing here or there.

My better half is worried at the possibility of losing her benefits if she becomes a French resident and i am sure someone here must have been in a similar situation , could anyone help here or by E-Mail.

As an aside , our child will most likely be born here before we go , will it be a problem for the child to be registered in the french system as long as i am ?

Thanks

I hope you have better luck than I, as I posted a similar request for information about the french system and failed to get any useful response.

There are benefits available in france to EU citizens but the info I have found so far does not give any detail of what disability is covered.

There must be someone here who has faced this problem. This sort of information is vital before committing to such a permanent move. Applying afterwards may be too late if you don't qualify.

As TU states it is best to get advice from Newcastle. We used to claim a lower rate disability allowance for our youngest child in UK and this stopped when we told them we moved to france. We searched through lots of french websited to see if we could claim an allowance for her here , but the allowances seemed to be aimed at young adults or children in `special ` schools,and our daughter fits neither category . A recent visit to the office for Allocation Familial(sp) fam allowance gave us the oportunity to ask there and were given forms to fill in, but therse also read as though she should attend a `special` school....which we would rather she didn`t. May fill the form in when we feel the time is right. Mrs O

Also some handicapped benefits here are means tested too. Quite a different system.

As Opas says, the CAF will inform you of benefits available or where to go to get more information. And as I said before, only Newcastle can tell you what your entitlement is, which is, the best information I can give you.

[quote]Also some handicapped benefits here are means tested too. Quite a different system. As Opas says, the CAF will inform you of benefits available or where to go to get more information. And as I said b...[/quote]

I have got a lot of information from Newcastle about what the entitlement is to UK benefits when living in France but I don't think they can say anything about any entitlement to benefits under the French system, it is this information that I'm having problems geting hold of.

The best I have had so far is "apply when you are resident in France".

It may be a bit late by then as the commitment would have been made. I am looking for a source of information on which to base that future commitment.