Anybody tried the English branch of Credit Agricole in Paris???

booboo

Hi everyone,

I was surfing around on the net looking at what the different French banks are offering in English, and apart from the usual Barclays, I was quite interested in the Credit  Agricole paris website. They talk about an english distance banking branch open 6 days a week, with bilingual staff. Has anyone tested them yet? Would welcome any feedback before going into another difficult banking venture!

Hi, are you talking about credit agricole Normandie as its now called? I use them and although others may have different stories, I am very happy with how they have treated me, especially recently when I 'accidently' went overdrawn. There is always an english speaking person to talk to you, and online banking is free...even though the website is in french it is pretty easy to find your way around. In my book it has been a nice introduction into french bank accounts, and at least you don't have to worry about language problems. Dee

Hi Dee,

No it's not Britline that I've read good and bad stories about on the forum and requiring loads of paperwork to open too; it's the Paris version called Paris Direct intl, and you have to go to the branch to open in person. I persume they're basically the same sort of service though; thanks for the info!

Booboo

We opened an account whilst living in the UK with CA.  We have always found them most helpful and now we live in France the service is even better.  On occasion we have been overdrawn and we get a call to ask if everything is OK.  Usually its down to the UK banks delay on the transfer which has led to being in the red. 

We could not wish for a better bank, he whole experiance has been fantastic.

Dotty