Buying a property in France or maybe selling... then watch 'CHASSEURS D'APPART' on M6

That is not exactly the same show Idun.

Most places in the programme are normal family houses and apartments and not cold old stoney farmhouses in the middle of nowhere.

I guess the show would not appeal to expats as they prefer to buy these types of cheap houses. Renovated or un-renovated.

I guess I am becoming more French by the minute. Our first house was a cold stony farmhouse with old furniture. Now I just want modern like the rest of France. I spent last week at home building a cinema room lol.

If you watch the shows over a period you see that the majority of French buyers just want the same things. I guess that is why expat websites are littered with renovated stoney houses that won't sell because they don't appeal to the majority of French buyers. Remember, most buyers are of my demographic group.

There are lessons to be learned on that show for perspective expat buyers of French property so they don't fall into the same trap.

Well as we know, a majority is only 50% plus one.

Most second homes in France are in fact owned by French people, albf.

Many of these are not in the pretty pretty coastal towns or chic resorts but in areas that are rural, mountainous, not that close to towns etc, and sometimes very beautifully restored.

And there is not a Brit in sight!

As many French people want to live in rural peace as Brits.

I selectively watch TV5 monde, at least once a day for the news. That is sufficient for me and do not miss french tv, other than I watch. I didn't miss it from the day we got sky, after 15 years of it........... it was very nice to not have it.

We always had problems with french tv reception and had someone from the TDF, the organisation prior to the CSA out twice and it only improved slightly. Once we had UK satellite, we got another dish to get french satellite tv, but we couldn't get it. Strangely where our house was, we could not get a signal then, so didn't bother.