Credit Agricole Brit Line

f1steveuk

How many on the forum are with Credit Agricole Britline?

I am currently, after years of very happy banking (is there such a thing!!??) having no end of trouble with them. Failure to carry out requested actions, then failing to tell me they hadn't done it. Simply not responding to phone calls, answering letters or e mails, passing the job down an endless line of staff and in general wasting my time and money. I have got their mediators details, and have gone to my UK solicitor, but I would interested in finding out if any others have suffered from appalling service? No nmaes, no pack drill!!

well im with CA (without the Britline), having just opened the account.

i was unimpressed having driven from the uk specifically on a Saturday to pick up my cheque book and card to be told they hadnt ordered the book, even though various emails had indicated it was ready for collection.  I needed it for the Monday when the Bank wasnt open, so I had a wasted weekend.

Kim

They've been fine for us and I used them because I was in the UK when I needed an account, but I wouldn't bother if I were doing this again.  The only advantage they have is the language one.  In all other respects, I'd prefer a bank on a High Street near me - much easier to sort things out quickly.  I set up a local account with Caisse d'Epargne recently for some friends, and they are efficient and friendly and always happy to help.

The convenience for me was being able to open an account via the post i.e. none of this "know your customer" grief that many banks go through (well all banks actually need to go through).  Many require you to attend in person and then prove that you are there, etc. before you can open an account but Britline relaxed that somewhat so much easier.

Britline were always fine for me.  I guess all banks make errors and mess things up occasionally.

Still have the account but tend not to use it much.  Once I moved here I thought it wise to have an account held at a local branch/bank.  Also, I always like to have two cards as the day a machine swallows my card will be the day I really need it for something so a backup is a good plan.

Ian