Taxe Fonciere - Online Payment?

Alex H

I live in the UK and have a house in France. Despite the ability of the electricity and water companies to send me bills in the UK, the Tresor Public cannot manage this.

I have spoken to the local Hotel des Impots, who tell me my house records are actually handled by the Limoges office. The only contact with them is an answerphone (or a visit [8-)]) and my language skills are not up to that yet [:(]

It appears from the back of the bill that it can be paid online.

Anyone done this?

Tandem Pilot

The following might help for the future. http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/1050797/ShowPost.aspx

Cat

That could be slightly misleading. The payment is taken from your account 10 days after the payment due by date. Whether or not you can initiate an on line payment during those 10 days I'm unsure but you can certainly initiate the on line payment earlier than within 10 days of the payment date.

Yes, sorry, I realised as soon as I'd posted that it could be misconstrued.  And I was wrong about the number of days too [:(]

I'm looking at my tax d'habitation form now, and it says that payments online can be made no later than 5 days after the date due, and will be debited 10 days after the date due.

Hello Tandem Pilot

You can register to pay on line at any time if you have your Numéro Fiscal and your bank details. You may be able to pay this year's taxes on line together with the late payment charge, but possibly these would only be available on line if you were already registered when the demands were issued.

If they do appear online, you can get the document reference number, required for payment, from the copy of it in your Espace abonné there.

It is worth a phone call or a letter to your Centre des Impôts explaining that you have not received the demand(s). I found them very helpful in similar circumstances.

It is possible to have the demands sent to any address in or out of France. I believe it is actually an obligation to provide an address where you can be contacted. I had all my tax demands sent to various addresses outside France for several years. This only requires a letter, possibly with a utility bill copy showing UK address.