Yet another tax question...

Just Chris

Reading the helpful posts in this forum about completion of French tax forms, we have another question which I don't think has been covered.

It seems that we should gross all our interest from various savings accounts as one figure for tax purposes.

We each have Credit Agricole savings accounts, on which any interest is allegedly tax free.  Do we not, then, need to declare interest gained on these accounts in our gross figure?  How else will the French tax authority know that this particular interest is tax free?

Chris

The following are the only tax-free saving accounts which you do not need to mention on your tax declarationn, as they are not subject to social tax (prélèvements sociaux):

• Livret A
  • Livret d'Epargne Populaire
  • Livret Jeune
  • Livret de Dévelopement Durable (ex Codevi)
All other tax-free saving accounts are subject to social tax (prélèvements sociaux) and the interest earned must be declared.

Have just received notice of interest paid on our CA savings account,but we are still UK taxpayers.Am I right in thinking that we have to declare this to HMRC,but not in France as we are not living there yet?

Not sure if the social taxes would be payable either.

Johnnyboy.

Have just received notice of interest paid on our CA savings account,but we are still UK taxpayers.Am I right in thinking that we have to declare this to HMRC.  YES

but not in France as we are not living there yet? CORRECT

Not sure if the social taxes would be payable either.NOT APPLICABLE AS YOU ARE NOT TAX RESIDENT IN FRANCE