EDF Tariffs

We may be a little unusual in that for 2 weeks out of 5 there is only 'er indoors is at home, neither do we have a dishwasher or an electric water heater, but over the 18 months or so we have been full time resident in France our electricity has averaged out at €38/mth so for my own part I cannot agree that electricity is expensive and is 30% less than we were paying in UK under very similar circumstances [:)]

Thanks for this.  We must be doing something wrong I am sure.

Ours is much more expensive.  Going to have to check our tariff I think and phone the English helpline and see if there is anything we can do.

Great forum, really helpful.

Ron

I have been keeping track of our usage since we moved in and we average €43 a month on the dual tariff.

Two people, no dishwasher, one large bathroom (thermostaticallycontrolled) towel rack/heater, electric hot-water, moderate usage of washing-machine and tumble-dryer.

This winter, we decided not to use the oil central-heating boiler, but to rely on the Jotul wood-burner for warmth.

We decided to leave the electric bathroom heater on full-time (our bathroom is north-facing and very cold) but on the whole, the increase, although noticeable, has not been astronomical.

There's no point worrying about the pros and cons of the Tempo tariff, the one with red, white and blue days. If you aren't already on that tariff they won't take on any new customers. Hence the choice is ordinary or Heures Creuses, the equivalent of Economy Seven.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote user="Jacqui Too "]I got a refund from EDF today they called it: ' Abattement cououre reseseau' can some one tell me what it is for? I did google it but it only said some sort of allowance, I have sent in 0 meter reading 3 times now , could it be for that?[/quote]

They have done a refund for a powercut.

Abattement = allowance / discount

cououre (coupure?) = powercut

reseseau (réseau?) = network