a process

carpy

I am nearing the end of a legal battle with a contractor involved in the construction of our house. Without needing to go into the details i came out of it second best and have been ordered to pay an outstanding amount, which i dont have and am struggling to raise. This has all moved on in to the hands of the Huissiers who i believe are tribunal bailiffs. If i dont have the amount of money by the given date they will put a process on our house,can anyone tell me what a process actually means? I think it means that they will force us to sell the house so that they get there money but i'm not sure. Thanks in anticipation.

A bit of bad luck and I know how you feel. The bailiffs normally will just make a list of seizble goods. I don't know if it's a large sum but why don't you make an offer to pay monthly. Make sure you offer a sensible sum and send them a payment with the offer. They will no doubt accept the dosh even if they don't accept the offer. This will look ok to the judge who might or might not accept your offer but it will buy you time. Remember it's a ton of hassle to get someone out of a house in France. I have got a little bit of experience in dealing with this kind of thing so if you want any info pm me.

Don't let them beat you down.

JMB