Not in the tax system

bixy

No Q in theory, that should have all stopped last year when hidden amongst the hoohah of the eviction of brits from the CMU was the requirement to demonstrate your existence in France by way of a tax advice and that appears to have been pretty well enforced judging by the number of immigrants now living in France but not really if you know what I mean, either doing a virtual bunk back to the good old NHS by way of that old standby SKY registered address and/or paying for treatments as they go here hoping that nothing really dire happens. Wonder what the Daily Wail and or Express would say if the Somalians and Kurds all did that in the UK?

[quote user="Ron Avery"]No Q in theory, that should have all stopped last year when hidden amongst the hoohah of the eviction of brits from the CMU was the requirement to demonstrate your existence in France by way of a tax advice and that appears to have been pretty well enforced judging by the number of immigrants now living in France but not really if you know what I mean, either doing a virtual bunk back to the good old NHS by way of that old standby SKY registered address and/or paying for treatments as they go here hoping that nothing really dire happens. Wonder what the Daily Wail and or Express would say if the Somalians and Kurds all did that in the UK?[/quote]

Ah but am I right in thinking that those that were already in the system could stay, its just the new people coming over that have to play by the new rules therefore anyone in does not have to send a copy?

SD, I never thought the day would come when I'd disagree with you but that day has arrived!

My OH has an E121 and I'm included in it as his dependant.  We have never been asked for our Tax Avis. Mind you, would be no problem this year.

We came here April 07, was in CPAM by about May and our Carte Vitale has expired but appears to work OK (I guess the pharmacist has been "renewing" it for us).

Anyway, done our first tax return; all is going well and we will be able to provide the Tax Avis.  But, the point is, we couldn't have done this until earlier this month!

As with everything in France it comes down to who is asking the questions.  I know of someone who has sold in France with no requirement for a Tax Avis and paid no CGT.  The notaire knew the people haivng dealt with another matter for them so maybe was happy to say they were resident with no other proof, they have never registered for anything and yet got away with not paying CGT and yes their car is still on UK plates!  One of them also had a fall during DIY and broke an arm, it was fixed at the hospital on an UK EHIC, no questions asked!

I can well believe it, Panda.

Makes you kind of lose faith in the advisability or otherwise of telling the truth at all times, doesn't it?[:D]

There again, nobody says there is any justice in this life, or indeed in the next!

[quote user="Quillan"]

[quote user="Ron Avery"]No Q in theory, that should have all stopped last year when hidden amongst the hoohah of the eviction of brits from the CMU was the requirement to demonstrate your existence in France by way of a tax advice and that appears to have been pretty well enforced judging by the number of immigrants now living in France but not really if you know what I mean, either doing a virtual bunk back to the good old NHS by way of that old standby SKY registered address and/or paying for treatments as they go here hoping that nothing really dire happens. Wonder what the Daily Wail and or Express would say if the Somalians and Kurds all did that in the UK?[/quote]

Ah but am I right in thinking that those that were already in the system could stay, its just the new people coming over that have to play by the new rules therefore anyone in does not have to send a copy?

[/quote]

No, everybody should now have tax return by the time they go in the CMU so no attestations should be necessary.

[quote user="sweet 17"]

SD, I never thought the day would come when I'd disagree with you but that day has arrived!

My OH has an E121 and I'm included in it as his dependant.  We have never been asked for our Tax Avis. Mind you, would be no problem this year.

Maybe that is because if you have an E121 you are not actually in the CMU????????[:'(][:'(]

We came here April 07, was in CPAM by about May and our Carte Vitale has expired but appears to work OK (I guess the pharmacist has been "renewing" it for us). 

There is no such thing as being "in the CPAM"  E form holders are not covered by the CMU but by the General Medicale scheme or whatever its called, which is not means tested, does not require an annual attestation nor a tax advice.

I am sure that SD being a gent will accept your grovelling apology [:$]for doubting him and misleading everybody else on an E form as to what they are in and the membership requirements[:$]

[/quote]

[quote user="sweet 17"]Makes you kind of lose faith in the advisability or otherwise of telling the truth at all times, doesn't it?[:D][/quote]Anyone who claims to do so is a liar [:P]

[quote user="sweet 17"]There again, nobody says there is any justice in this life, or indeed in the next![/quote]You've really intrigued with this one sweets, do you know something we don't [blink]

[quote user="Ron Avery"][quote user="sweet 17"]

Maybe that is because if you have an E121 you are not actually in the CMU????????[:'(][:'(]

There is no such thing as being "in the CPAM"  E form holders are not covered by the CMU but by the General Medicale scheme or whatever its called, which is not means tested, does not require an annual attestation nor a tax advice.

I am sure that SD being a gent will accept your grovelling apology [:$]for doubting him and misleading everybody else on an E form as to what they are in and the membership requirements[:$]

[/quote]

[/quote]

SD, being a gent like you said, would not expect me to make a grovelling apology as he would deem that that would be too humiliating for me.

So, Ron, would you accept my grovelling apology instead?[:P]

Anyway, CMU, CPAM, whatever, how else would members know what's what if dullards like me don't occasionally bark up the wrong tree so that a) people like you can know I'm just testing your knowledge  b) people like you can correct me and thereby clarify things for everyone else and c) I'm raising the point to save those who aren't brave enough to make mistakes on the forum and be laughed.

Good enough excuse or not? 

[quote user="sweet 17"]Anyway, CMU, CPAM, whatever, how else would members know what's what if dullards like me don't occasionally bark up the wrong tree so that a) people like you can know I'm just testing your knowledge  b) people like you can correct me and thereby clarify things for everyone else and c) I'm raising the point to save those who aren't brave enough to make mistakes on the forum and be laughed.[/quote]Skillfully extricated sweets, particularly the last point [:)]

In that vein, if at say a wedding or party or some such where the arrival of food is announced I'm never ever shy to be the first in the queue, not only because I'm hungry but because most normal people don't like to be first so can tend to shuffle around waiting for someone else to go and I'm more than happy to break the ice so to speak and relieve them of their reticence.

I like to think of it as doing them a favour [:D]

[quote user="sweet 17"]

Good enough excuse or not? 

[/quote]

Well pretty rubbish as excuses go actually,  so take 50 lines, "I am not in the CMU because I have an E Form"...........  and don't do what Benjamin did and cut and paste them[:P][:P].

Just think Sweets if people like me did not get it right occasionally, we could be on another Forum that cannot be mentioned or writing for some English language Newspaper.......  you're not the editor of Connexions are you??[blink][:$]

[quote user="Ron Avery"][quote user="sweet 17"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Sweet17

As I'm a gent, I'll explain how your situation is different to that which we were discussing.

People who are registered for state health insurance under the couverture maladie universelle fund (CMU) have to pay means tested contributions, so they have to submit a tax avis for these to be calculated.

People like you (and me too) who have an E-form are registered under the general health fund to which all salaried employees have to contribute.  However, we do not have to pay a contribution because the UK Pension Service pays an annual lump sum to the CPAM to cover our insurance costs.

[quote user="Sunday Driver"]

Don't mind the Ronweiler.....he's quite nice once you get to know him....[:)]

[/quote]

I thought you wrote Rotweiler for a moment![:-))]  Sorry SD, you wouldn't have said such a thing would you?

Don't worry, Ronnie, nobody's going to muzzle you!  There, there, here's a nice biscuit and we'll go for a nice walkie in the park soon.[kiss]