tax 2009 calculation for 200-help please.

chirpy

Hi,to the late night mathematicians.

I have paid tax  last year on revenue 2007,via  internet and have a few days to return mine for 2008,but when I did a calcul on the simplified model it seems to throw out strange figures-much lower than expected , despite the estimated reduction in pension due to euro getting stronger.

My parameters are:

birth year me 1937         wife 1940

pension18571 E             """  3199E

rentes  viageres    BW          5759E

CSG                    DE           186E  Deductible

I HAVE PRINTED OFF  the 8 PAGES  of the calcul you fill in but their 3 page finished calculation onthe above figures werevery much lower than expected.

CALCULATION GAVE ME FIGURES -- abbattemnts speciaux 2266euro,droits simple 455e,decote 204e,impot avant imputations 251e and credit exceptional167e.

impot net 84e.

I do not know if computer is correct or tax changes last year have given us so much reductions!!!previous year I paid 900euro and do not want to be told a little tax to pay ,then a letter arrives demanding an unexpected tax bill, later in the year.

can anyone unravel this mystery please.several years ago I was sent a calculation table like a binominal theorem if thts the right word which i could easily do .

Thanks.[8-)]

[quote user="Ab"]

I do not know if computer is correct or tax changes last year have given us so much reductions!!!

[/quote]

Completely off the top of my head but, just by glancing at your figures, IMHO you should have little tax to pay, IIAC then, in your case, this should be due to the introduction of Sarkozy's revolutionary idea of reducing the tax due by base-rate tax payers in this time of crisis.

Sue

Hi,

It seems correct to me . I did the calculation as if you were only taxed on 30% of your rente viagere and that gave a lesser figure . I don't know what the "credit exceptional "is( EDIT: actually it's probably the one-off tax reduction for the "crise".), but you can relax--it's the taxmans job to work out your tax , and provided you've correctly declared , you have nothing to worry about.

thanks SUE,

-I only wish the figures turn out to be true-AS I HAVE MANAGED TO KNACKER MY TREE SAW!!!

The only additional information necessary in my declaration above was to state the BW amount was for a pension taken out in years 55-59years of age which I have been given a 50% deuction on the figure of 5759euro to use in the actual taxable income.

I HAVE HAD NO CHANGE IN INCOME HARDLY AND THE FALL OF £STRENTH REDUCED INCOME BY 11% AS OUR TAX OFFICE SAID TO USE 1.21 EURO =1£ FOR 2008.

MEANWHILE I have mnaged to declare on the internet and await thei[:)]r AVIS in due course.

Still waiting for our forum tax experts comments when hey finish sunbathing or restoring their  homes etc.[:)]still confused [8-)]

Have a nice day whatever you may be doing-yesterday I had a swim after the boss said the garden work was o.k. for the day!!!

Wife is gardening lover and I keep pulling out weeds which I am told are young honeysucle plants[:-))]!!!!!!!!!!!!oops.

I retrieved them from the compost heap[I] and healed themback in--and prayed.