Pensions annual increase ...ha

krusty

So how did you fare with annual increase ?

State pension up to £97.65. from ?

NHS pension based on RPI 30/9/2009 minus 1.4% .....no increase however no decrease to reflect negative RPI ....wow how generous.

Dalkia company pension up 3% ....yippeee (better than a smack in the gob) [;-)]

Neither of us has heard yet Krusty.

But I did at last receive the tax rebate which I claimed in Dec2008[:D]  After their first money order went missing, and I wrote to ask them to transfer it straight into the bank.

The other thing to note this year and I suspect in subsequent years is that the minimum promised increase of 2.5% was only paid on the basic pension and not on any additional pension paid on your earnings when working.

As an aside velcorin when speaking to my son I always ask him if he has plenty of work on as I need someone to pay my pension in three years time.  [:D]

The last communication I had from the railway pensions service suggested that they were "considering" what to do in view of the fact that there was (in theory) negative inflation, but I've heard nothing yet.  The most likely outsome seems to be that our pensions (Mr Coops's and mine) will be unchanged. 

By the time I claim, my UK pension will be about 1% of average earnings (thanks to the Grantham Dragon). However, at least I'll get something, unlike for the umpteen thousands I've paid to the thieving foncs, for which I'll get about 1€ a month.[6] You may moan about the UK system, but it's a million times better than the legalised robbery here. When I'm reincarnated, I want to be a PTT fonc.

Yup, just got my letter and no increase this year.  I don't suppose I can get them to look at the cost of living in France on a sterling pension?..[Www]

Velcorin, don't get me started on the Grantham dragon - I'd still be working for the railways now if not for her.

[quote user="cooperlola"]

Velcorin, don't get me started on the Grantham dragon - I'd still be working for the railways now if not for her.

[/quote]

Are you not glad you are here rather than working for the railways ?

In which case Maggie did you a favor. [:D]

[quote user="krusty"][quote user="cooperlola"]

[/quote]

Are you not glad you are here rather than working for the railways ?

In which case Maggie did you a favor. [:D]

[/quote]I might still be in one bit though!  On balance, I enjoyed my time on the railways when it was a nationalised company.  Afterwards - not so much.  I certainly wouldn't have resigned as soon as I did and might at least have had a bigger pension now.  But all in all, I reckon there's little point in "what if-ing" anyway even though at times it can be a bit of fun.