Olympic village officially opened today by M Macron

Only saw the headline, so not yet watched it on the news.  Great it's at Seine St Denis, might give the area a bit of a boost.  I have a friend whose husband was a policeman there for several years so I could imagine what life could be like there.

By the way, for lovers of walking, there is a Grande Randonnée à Paris.  I have signed up for it on 18 March.  And, before anyone gets the wrong idea, I am NOT walking all the way to Paris; merely a stretch as far as Périgueux.  Hope my knees stand up to it as I haven't done much walking for several weeks due to incessant rain and flooded footpaths.

The volunteers who go out and mark up all the local routes we have done in the Loire Atlantic, the Alps and other places do a great job.  The yellow path markers are a great help.  During our snow walks in the Chamonix this year we would have been completely lost in the forests if it was not for the local tourist office marking the trees with purple dots.  

Hope you manage to do your part OK.

Well, I managed to see some pictures of the Olympic Village.  The buildings look interesting and are MASSIVE!

The athletes' bedrooms (2 per room) are NOT air-conditioned.  They said that they face away from the sun and that special materials and high tech insulation are used.  But Paris' heat is, I believe, not like heat elsewhere!

Also there might be a transport strike......I'd never forgive these strikers if they ruin everything for the competitors and visitors...what horrible, disgusting spoilsports!!!  Do they experience no pride and no joy and not want everyone to have a good time?

My apologies to all who enjoy the Olympics, they leave me cold. I notice that rolling around on the floor or on your head with a hand in the air AKA "break dancing" is making its entrance this year..........what next?................. car washing, ironing, pie eating 🤣With apologies to any break dancers of course.😉

• Haha 1

You don't have to watch the break dancing!

There are lots of real sports and, in any case, if you put the tv on at all, you'd not be able not to see something!!