property prices in france 2009

woody234

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="Dog"]

Lol greedy people at the bottom of the foodchain were demanding banks sorted them  a cheap fix of cash to ascend the property dream...

[/quote]

So all those who lost out did so because of their own greed and stupidity - that's exactly my view!!  I knew you would come around to my point of view!!
[/quote]

Only someone who had been brainwashed by their employer could think this,

For a banker it is never enough that their trough overflows, everyone else's must be empty.

Do you really need two houses, or is this just your greed?

Ebaynut

Sorry I for one do not agree. People should buy as many houses as they want and can afford. Most people work and save by doing without other luxuries to purchase. It’s a choice and provides useful employment opportunities for others.

Sadly I know a few people who while already struggling with credit card debts that were seduced by an illusion of wealth from the value of their UK property and the availability of loans into plunging further into debt buying holiday homes that their earnings could never support.

[quote user="Braco"]Ebaynut Sorry I for one do not agree. People should buy as many houses as they want and can afford. Most people work and save by doing without other luxuries to purchase. It’s a choice and provides useful employment opportunities for others. Sadly I know a few people who while already struggling with credit card debts that were seduced by an illusion of wealth from the value of their UK property and the availability of loans into plunging further into debt buying holiday homes that their earnings could never support.[/quote]

I also believe that people should buy as many houses as they want and can buy. This is ambition, to work and get them is a good thing.

Scooby thinks its greed, to want more than you need, but I guess if you are a banker it is OK to have many things.

I was putting my question to her, not making a statement in general.

House prices in France just went up if you are buying in pounds as sterling dropped further as the politicians in UK fiddle (awaiting a new tenure) while Albion burns.

Should you be able to vote in UK remember they did nothing for two years but produce hot air and inpending inflation.

Wooly I think naming somone a bint is more than slightly likely to be taken as being rude.

It would seem to be a word coined during the British times in Egypt, soldiers refered to their 'girlfriends' or 'bits on the side' as bints. It seems the Brummies use it more affectionately but in London in can be used instead of 'brass' to describe the femine sex. In the Monty Pythons film The Holy Grail the Lady of the Lake was a 'moistened bint'.

[quote user="woolybanana"]Scooby is a bint? Great Bobo, they get everywhere these days[6][/quote]

This is Kathie's "OH" here. I have kept a passive involvement in the forum and have found your previous comments enlightening and extremely useful in terms of our commitment to our  future lifestyle in France. However, although we live near to Birmingham, I think that this comment is totally unnecessary and I'm surprised that you, "woolybanana", have not yet publicly apologized.

PS: Dog - you certainly seem to have a forthright opinion on bankers - they aren't all bad and, like everybody else, work within the constraints imposed by our elected representatives. For such people, I have always smiled at Churchill's comment - "the biggest argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter", or words to that effect.

[quote user="Scooby"][quote user="woolybanana"]Scooby is a bint? Great Bobo, they get everywhere these days[6][/quote]

This is Kathie's "OH" here. I have kept a passive involvement in the forum and have found your previous comments enlightening and extremely useful in terms of our commitment to our  future lifestyle in France. However, although we live near to Birmingham, I think that this comment is totally unnecessary and I'm surprised that you, "woolybanana", have not yet publicly apologized.

PS: Dog - you certainly seem to have a forthright opinion on bankers - they aren't all bad and, like everybody else, work within the constraints imposed by our elected representatives. For such people, I have always smiled at Churchill's comment - "the biggest argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter", or words to that effect. 

[/quote]

Hi OH even when it comes to bankers even the worst people have some good in them... it may just take some looking for...

I prefer to believe they work within little or no restraint whether it comes from the so called elected or not.

I also smile at Churchills comment as he wasn't voted into being born into a privelidged position.

Just like Churchill there are a minority here that rarely if ever apologise.