CA new account for english people

Doodle

Went into my branch of CA this morning to deposit some cash. On leaving, the chappy asked if I would be interested in their new account for english people, we could transfer monies from our account in the uk into this account (no mention of charges) and we would get 5% interest for the first three months. I asked if he had a leaflet and he said no as it was a special offer for 2 weeks only. Anyhow I've made a rendez-vous to see what's what.

Has anyone else been offered this or know what it's all about? Any info gratefully received.

Chris

Update - the account I am being sold is a Compte Titre. Apparently I can invest 4,500 euros or 9,000 jointly without risk in a part of it whereby they invest the monies in local projects. For 3 months I will receive 5% after that 3% net. He tells me we do not have to show it on the tax form and there is no csg to pay and no charges. I'm going back later in the week after I've thought about it a bit more but in the meantime if anyone has any more information, I would be grateful.

Thanks, Chris