stop receiving statements through the post?

mogs

[quote user="bubbles"]Pity they don't make a reduction in charges for those of us who have e-Releves.[/quote]

ASF (my local télépéage company) are proposing to do this, in a way. 

First they say that their charge is going from €20 per year to €2.70 per month.  I make this an increase of 62%, and there's no trace of explanation or apology.  They don't say it is increasing, by the way; they say it is "evolving" - do they think we won't notice? 

But if you sign up for paperless invoicing, it will be 'only' €2 per month.  What a deal!

I'll probably sign up, because I like the convenience of the télépéage.  But I don't like being treated like an idiot.

[quote user="allanb"][quote user="bubbles"]Pity they don't make a reduction in charges for those of us who have e-Releves.[/quote]
ASF (my local télépéage company) are proposing to do this, in a way. 

First they say that their charge is going from €20 per year to €2.70 per month.  I make this an increase of 62%, and there's no trace of explanation or apology.  They don't say it is increasing, by the way; they say it is "evolving" - do they think we won't notice? 

But if you sign up for paperless invoicing, it will be 'only' €2 per month.  What a deal!

I'll probably sign up, because I like the convenience of the télépéage.  But I don't like being treated like an idiot.
[/quote]Vote with your feet.  Change to ALIS and pay nothing.

Economically, there is very little incentive to change to "paperless" statements.  However, CA do say that the on-line availability is extended to (iirc) 10 years if you do opt to go down this route.  Obviously, there's no need to print out every statement unless you have a specific reason to do so but personally, I find it far easier to do my "books" so, like Clair, I shall stubbornly continue to have trees chopped down on my behalf for the moment.  I'm aware that the costs only get passed back to the poor customer anyway though, the banks themselves rarely pay for anything!

Thanks I've changed our accounts as suggested.

I've got no issues either way with saving trees or so on, its just personal choice and I prefer not to keep receiving envelopes with statements when I do online banking anyway.